Wednesday, March 5, 2014



I really don't care if I seem boring to other people on the outside. My appearance is the opposite of colorful, I wear all monochromatic colors, with the occasional red, but I'm trying to phase red out of my wardrobe now that my hair is it's natural dark brown and no longer the sanguine blood red that it used to be. I actually prefer the dark brown over the red; because it's dark and dreary and dull. It makes me look pale and dead without the artificial 'harshness' of purely black hair. In a way, it's much more 'goth' than the bright red. I like looking corpse like, I like being all black, I like the look of "boring" and monochromatic. I don't care if it seems boring that I spend all of my free time making art. I have no basis on which to connect with most other people. I may as well be of another breed entirely. Other people have friends, they have families.

The "artists" and "writers" I've met are more focused on making friends and talking about making art than they actually are on making art. They spend more time talking with people and bragging about being an artist than they spend on, y'know, actually making some fucking art. Not me.  I've got sore hands and no social life. And if someone wants to look at me and think, "look at her all in black with no friends, she must be one of those boring, depressed, goths," I don't really care. I've got a box full of lace I've made at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment