Sunday, September 8, 2013

the imaginary cult

Superhell! was my most popular fanfic, which always made me happy because people enjoyed it for the satire and then some readers didn't get the satire but loved it anyways and became the point that proved the satire. And then I finished all 100k+ words of Superhell!..... the fanfiction, and started Superhell! the novel.

But Superhell! lives on quite privately, in five notebooks, all of which are silver glitter covered ones. Superhell! continues to be my most well loved story, and the thing of mine that gets more pageviews per month than any of my stories, and my old Superhell! site still gets a lot of people who go to it just to reread the story and my printed volumes of Superhell! had three short runs. It was amazing, and I am still really grateful for all the friends I've made writing Superhell! and all the people who are still hanging around, waiting for the novel re-write to show up.

But it's been a year and I've been writing a whole new Superhell! The page has turned for me. I am a different person than I was three years ago, and Superhell! the novel is NOTHING like Superhell! the fanfic. It is stronger, more coherent, and the points it makes are biting and honest. It fiction that is "truer than the truth". I am writing a book that I believe it, and I really hope that everyone else believes in it too. I hope that when I finally release the novel Superhell!, people will be blown away by how different it is. Superhell! is it's own movement, and it's own book, and it's own genre. I am truly proud of what it is so far, I truly believe it is going to be one of the most groundbreaking and innovative novels written in this century.

You'll just have to wait and see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment