Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sometimes I feel like I do not have a 'refined' enough image, y'know what I'm talking about. So many people have their own little box that they fit into, and even when you talk about creative arts and crafts and writing, where being unique is seen as the 'thing to do' people still have their little boxes and niches online which really helps people get more viewers, and I guess I don't really have that at all. Everyone has their own little schitck, and I have... well, me. I'm too weird to be liked by even the weirdoes because you can't predict what i will do. I like nerdy stuff, I like cosplay, but I also like frilly clothes and postmodern literature and making lace, then wearing glitter ad pleather pants. Whatever people want to watch or follow someone online they have a reason why, "they post cool photos" or "I really like what they make". But when you make so many different things and have such a long, laundry-list of what you like, it's kind of hard to get to get anyone to pay attention to you. Someone may like my photos but they don't like my silly drawings about homestuck, but they may like my silly fandom art but they may hate my legit writing.

Everyone has something they are good at, some people are good at photomanips, some people draw fanart, some people sew stuff, and...
I have a few dozen things I'm great at and that is way too confusing for most people to understand. I post about sewing one day, then I post about anime, then I do some crochet, then I post a few nature pics and then I draw people being mutilated and then I write a story about vampires.

The point is that everyone has their key feature that attracts similar minded people to them and I have my mind wrapped around too many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment