Saturday, June 29, 2013

doll customs #1


So I've finally gotten to uploading the pictures of my bait dolls here. So exciting.


Tinker assists me in opening a box of doll heads. In my box was: 
1. bobobie MSD sized body, 3 part torso. mature sculpt
2. bobobie ariel head in white skin, damaged
3. resinsoul An head, NS, damaged
4. MNF soo w/ elf ears. tannihs skin. probably recast. severely damaged.
5. recasted chloe head in pink skin, in wonderful condition! 




This is Arial. She was listed as having "chipping" damage but rather, it looks less like chipping and more like being sanded too roughly, perhaps with a dremel tool? In any case, I plan on resculpting her ridiculously large ears, reshaping her lips, and giving her a good sanding. The damage here isnt too bad, she just needs a good go over w/ some 8o grit then to be finished up with some 1200. I may add more to her lips with apoxie since I love bobobie's sculpts... with the exception of their chicken lips! 





This is AN. It looks like someone attacked his lips with sand paper, and I don't understand WHY, since I'm sure the correct way to improve him would be to add, not subtract? WTF is it with bjd owners and their weird "tiny lips are superioir" thing? How awful. He's unevenly modded which means that I'll just have to apoxie up his lips, and while I'm at it, make his eyes a bit smaller, too. 




This is Chloe, idk why her sculpt is so popular, she's barely a step above poor anime proportions facially, I think my Mei is a better looking doll. She's not very pretty though she is 100% in tact and her recasting is flawless, I would never have known she was a boot leg. I will probably just give her the best face up can manage and see if that helps. 



It looks like someone sanded her eyes open too much... then filled them back in unevenly. I know this one is a recast since fairyland doesn't offer this weird "tan but not that tan" resin color. Her resin is thick and good quality. Since she is so damaged, I'm going to do something crazy with her... definitely add an extra set of eyes and sculpt on some horns. I hate anime proportions, especially with dolls. Her tiny pointy nose, weird chin, and barely there lips are freakish, and unfixable. She will just have to be an alien, because clearly she's not passing as human.   



The mnf head on the body... it's so.... annie may.  Blegh. I wonder if I'm going to bjd hell for saying that I'm not impressed by fairyland? Probably. 

The three part torso is very nice and poseable! I almost considered putting my Mei on it and using her two part torso instead... but I'm lazy and it would b easier to do the mod I want on a three part body. I plan on carving out a hole in her chest and sculpting an inlay of a heart, then making it appear as though the heart is in a cage. I'm gonna need a lot of sandpaper and apoxie for this one. Her nipples are so weird and pointy, why would doll need pointy nipples, or nipples at all, for that matter? Oh well, thats why I'm gonna need to buy a fuckton of sandpaper before this is all over. 

It was said the doll had staining but this doesn't look like staining to me, it just looks like they didn't remove the blushing all the way. And even still, I think some hand tattoes and scarring are also a must have for her. My concept for this one is that of a fallen, and mutilated angel. Woo hoo!



2 comments:

  1. The one you define as alien- you should totally make into Dark Necrofear! I think she'd be perfect for it and well... I don't have any other reason other then Dark Necrofear is bitchin'.
    All the same, have fun with whatever you make of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, theres a road block in that... where I don't think that her resin would dye to a dark blue since it's already tan colored. And painting her would be a bad idea incase the paint chipped and you couldn't find a match for it. D:

      Delete

comment